Through HCHD Foundation’s Small Grants Fund we are “Evolving a Model of Partnership”
The Harris County Hospital District Foundation is committed to an evolving model of partnership with Harris Health System employees, doctors from Baylor College of Medicine and UT Medical School, and from those we serve in Harris County. We recognize that creating sustainable solutions for challenges is a joint effort involving leadership of the Foundation and Harris Health System. The Foundation’s Small Grants fund provides seed money for projects to motivate employees to think in a different way about what we do and how we do it, because every effort is to make Harris Health System a better place to work and care for our patients.
The HCHD Foundation has three grant funding opportunities available:
- HCHD Foundation fund for short-term pilot projects benefiting patients (max. amount $5,000);
- Harris Health System Employee Contribution fund for short-term projects benefiting staff (max. amount $5,000); and
- HCHD Foundation grants opportunities that exceed $5,000 for Harris Health programs, services, or administrative needs not covered by the Harris Health System budget.
Each fund has its own committee that evaluates grants:
- The HCHD Foundation fund is comprised of Foundation Board Members;
- Harris Health System Employee Contribution fund is comprised of Management of Harris Health System; and
- The HCHD Foundation grants that exceed $5,000 will be evaluated as needed. This committee is comprised of members of the Executive Committee of HCHD Foundation.
All Harris Health System’s pavilions, clinics and departments are eligible to apply. Please complete the following three-page grant application and budget template. Acquire all needed signatures. Grant requests received without a completed application and/or without the CEO approval will not be considered.
Small Grants Application Deadlines for 2016 are: Feb 29, May 31, Aug 31, & Nov 30. Grants that exceed $5,000 – applications are accepted on an ongoing basis.
Please submit applications to the HCHD Foundation, 2525 Holly Hall, Suite 292, Houston, Texas 77054. If you have questions, please contact Carolyn Amos at 713-566-6409 or email Carolyn.Amos@Harrishealth.org.
We look forward to hearing from you.