The Harris County Hospital District Foundation Board of Trustees approves funds annually for short-term pilot projects benefiting patients of Harris Health System and approves funding for Harris Health programs, services, or administrative needs not covered by the Harris Health System budget.
The HCHD Foundation plays an essential role in fostering innovation within the Harris Health System. Harris Health System staff has a wealth of knowledge and ideas to enhance the quality of services rendered to Harris County residents. We foster those innovative ideas by channeling the generosity of community and Harris Health System philanthropists through small grants benefiting Harris Health System’s patients and employees.
The HCHD Foundation has three grant funding opportunities available:
- HCHD Foundation fund for short-term pilot projects benefiting patients (max. amount $5,000);
- Harris Health System Employee Contribution fund for short-term projects benefiting staff (max. amount $5,000); and
- HCHD Foundation grants opportunities that exceed $5,000 for Harris Health programs, services, or administrative needs not covered by the Harris Health System budget.
Each fund has its own committee that evaluates grants:
- The HCHD Foundation fund is comprised of Foundation Board Members;
- Harris Health System Employee Contribution fund is comprised of Management of Harris Health System; and (These two committee evaluate grants on a quarterly basis)
- The HCHD Foundation grants that exceeds $5,000 will be evaluated as needed. This committee is comprised of members of the Executive Committee of HCHD Foundation. (Meet as determined by the HCHD Foundation Executive Committee)
- All Harris Health System’s pavilions, clinics and departments are eligible to apply. Please complete the following three page grant application and budget template. Then, acquire all needed signatures. Grant requests received without a completed application and/or without the CEO approval will not be considered.
Small Grants Application Deadlines for 2018 are: Feb 28, May 31, Aug 31, & Nov 30 and grants that exceed $5,000 – applications are accepted on an ongoing basis.
Please submit applications to the HCHD Foundation, 2525 Holly Hall, Suite 292, Houston, Texas 77054. Should you have questions, please contact Carolyn Amos at 713.566.6409 or via email at Carolyn.Amos@Harrishealth.org.